11/04/2016Download Event Programme
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Regional Research Promotion Programme (RRPP) Western Balkans is organizing a fully-funded comprehensive training on social science research methods tailored for junior researchers in the Western Balkans. The course lasts 8 days, and will be held from the 11th to the 18th April 2016 in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Research Academy constitutes an educational program that addresses the most relevant aspects of social science research methods and enables young researchers to improve their methodological, analytical, and writing skills. It is designed for junior researchers who are currently working on a research project in the field of social sciences at public or private research centers (higher education institutions, research institutes, think tanks), who have earned their master’s degree in the field of social sciences at a university in the countries of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia), and who live and work in the region.
The Research Academy is designed as a summer school composed of several linked one-day modules. During the program of the Research Academy, junior researchers will be guided through all stages of the research process, and the sessions will be highly interactive and practice-oriented.
The program will be delivered by a team of 13 trainers who come from a number of European and regional universities and research institutes, with extensive experience in the field of research methods and academic writing.
For more information on modules and trainers, please see the PROGRAM OF THE RESEARCH ACADEMY.
Who can apply?
Up to 35 participants will be enrolled in the Research Academy, based on the following selection criteria:
- Junior researcher (MA/MSc graduates and/or early PhD students) with a maximum of 3 years experience in the field of social science research;
- Currently affiliated with a research institute/center, think tank, or university;
- Currently working on a research project as a researcher (research assistant, junior researcher, researcher, or similar);
- Have at least one published research paper;
- Good command of English.
The best applicants will be selected by a team of 4 international and regional experts.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit the following documents in English:
- Application form;
- CV (full Curriculum Vitae)
- Example of a research paper (research study, policy report, policy brief, policy memo, working paper, discussion paper, article in research journal, book chapter, or MA/MSc thesis);
- Description of the project (one page) that the candidate is currently working on, along with a description of his/her role in the project;
- Recommendation letter from a supervisor - The letter should support the applicant’s participation in the Research Academy, emphasizing the relevance of the training program for the applicant’s career prospects.
You will receive a confirmation of receipt within two days following the submission of the application. Should you not receive a confirmation email, please contact us immediately.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
The final decision regarding the selected candidates will be made on 9th February 2016 and promptly communicated to all applicants.
Please note that the organizers will cover the expenses of the training, including travel and accommodation costs.
The RRPP is coordinated and operated by the Interfaculty Institute for Central and Eastern Europe (IICEE) at the University of Fribourg (Switzerland). The Local Coordination Unit in Bosnia and Herzegovina is the Center for Social Research Analitika. The programme is fully funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.